Craig Hughes is a Partner at Hilltop Public Solutions, managing the firm’s Colorado operation. Hughes is one of the pre-eminent strategists and managers of political and issue campaigns in the country. Called “one of the five most influential Democrats in Colorado” by Campaigns and Elections magazine, Hughes has been involved in the design and management of dozens of high level issue and candidate campaigns throughout the United States. In fact, he has worked on four victorious presidential races alone. Most recently, he served as Senior Advisor for Barack Obama’s Colorado campaign, which resulted in a resounding 5.3% victory in this battleground state. This was a repeat engagement for Hughes, who also served as Senior Advisor for the 2008 Obama campaign in Colorado.
- In 2009-2010, Craig managed Michael Bennet’s Senate campaign, which was called “one of the best run races in America” and resulted in a narrow victory – one of the few Democrats in targeted races to win in the 2010 election cycle.
- From 2000 to 2008, and again in 2011-2013, Hughes worked at RBI Strategies, initially as a Senior Associate and eventually rose to serve as Managing Partner. In that capacity, Hughes supervised dozens of accounts, ranging from grasstops support to high-level campaign management.
- Craig served as Eastern Political Director in the Clinton White House from 1998-2000. In that position, he supervised political activities for the President, First Lady, Vice President, and Mrs. Gore in twelve Eastern states.
- Craig was one of the earliest staff members hired for the Clinton for President Campaign in 1991, and subsequently worked for both Clinton/Gore campaigns as well as the Democratic National Committee.
- Craig has worked on or consulted for campaigns in over twenty states in every section of the country.
Craig lives in Jefferson County, Colorado with his wife and three children.